My photo
Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom
Andrew Millard, Photographer, based in Bournemouth & covering the whole Bournemouth area of Christchurch, Poole, the New Forest, Salisbury & the wider Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire & Somerset.

Friday 1 June 2012

David & Leanne's Wedding at Boscombe's Salvation Army and Parley Manor, Christchurch

Well, this was one Wedding where every possible detail had been thought about!  It was a truly fun-packed day with quite a few surprises for David & Leanne’s  guests!
My photography started at Leanne’s parent’s house where the Bridesmaids, flower-girl and paige-boy were all getting ready. It took a few minutes for everyone to get used to my being there, but I was soon forgotten and I got on with capturing the preparations.
 
I then caught up with the Groomsmen at Boscombe’s Salvation Army, where a Brass Band greeted the guests as they were seated. It was quite deceptive as it seemed like such a slow trickle of people were arriving, but before long the place was packed!

David had written a few movie-themed instrumentals which were being played by the brass band prior to Leanne’s arrival.  I decided my best position for the Bride’s entrance was right at the front, so I was blasted with the full orchestral entrance – it was truly a special moment.  By the time Leanne got to the front David had a tear in his eye (and I nearly did too!! It was so exciting!)



I was able to photograph freely throughout the wedding ceremony and I was able to sneak upstairs to the balcony, as well as down towards the front.  Leanne’s Bridesmaid sang an Adele solo, which was just superb.  I think there was more musical flair in that room than on Britain’s got Talent!

After the service, David & Leanne had arranged for tea and biscuits for everyone before we headed off to Parley Manor.



When the Bride & Groom arrived at Parley Manor, all their guests were waiting.  We had about an hour before their Wedding Breakfast so I decided that we should crack on with the photographs as the weather looked a little dubious!

David’s Groomsmen certainly got into character with some interesting model poses … 



The Wedding Marquee looked stunning with the purple colour scheme.

There was a sweep stake for the Grooms speech – I think a lot of people had banked on it being a verbal marathon, but he wrapped it up in under 20 minutes, which, based on comments from their wedding guests, was pretty good going!



Afterwards David and Leanne went for a walk around Parley Manor’s grounds whilst the guests were entertained with a magician and caricaturist.

And to top it all off, after the first dance we were all treated to a great Fireworks display – wow what a day!!


Congratulations David & Leanne – I had a really great day and thoroughly enjoyed photographing your Wedding. I wish you all the best for your future together!

No comments:

Post a Comment