My photo
Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom
Andrew Millard, Photographer, based in Bournemouth & covering the whole Bournemouth area of Christchurch, Poole, the New Forest, Salisbury & the wider Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire & Somerset.

Friday 27 April 2012

Sam & Alison's Wedding at The Orchid Hotel, Bournemouth

Wedding Preparation Photography, BournemouthSam & Alison got married at The Orchid Hotel, Bournemouth in early April. I started the day at their house with some preparation photographs, where, on my arrival, Alison was getting her hair done - bit of a 'Something About Mary' moment ;o) - whilst her bridesmaids and parents were busying in the background. There was a spot of trouble initially with the tying of her Wedding Dress but once the bridesmaids worked out the sequence, all was good.


Groom & Ushers Wedding Photography at The Orchid Hotel, Bournemouth




Once at the Orchid Hotel, I gathered the groomsmen together for a few photographs –there was a Superhero theme which I think stemmed from the Stag Do, hence the Superman Cufflinks ... very dudey!

Bridesmaids Wedding Photography at The Orchid Hotel, Bournemouth

When the bridesmaids arrived it was a hive of activity with lots of the guests taking pictures – this was great as it allowed me to take a few natural shots of them since their attention was elsewhere. Alison wasn’t far behind the Bridesmaids (arriving just a bit too early!) so we sent her driving around Bournemouth for a few minutes until all the Wedding Party was inside.




Wedding Ceremony - Photographer at The Orchid Hotel, BournemouthInside the Orchid Ceremony Room, I was able to get a great wide-angle shot of Sam, Alison and all their guests (using my new lens 16-35mm for any budding photographers!). Amusingly, during the ceremony both Bride & Groom struggled with the word 'solemnly' - it started with Sam getting it wrong a few times and it must have been contagious as Alison caught the bug and had to have a few attempts herself!
Don’t worry guys you won’t need to say that word again!



Beach Wedding Photography - Boscombe Beach & PierAfter the Ceremony, the weather was perfect and I knew they wanted to go to Boscombe Beach & Pier, so I suggested we make a move. After a group shot of everyone, we jumped into a lovely Jaguar & off we went. The beach was pretty busy but I sent the couple off for a walk to have a few minutes by themselves whilst I ran along desperately looking for the right angles to capture them on what looked like an empty beach – it is so hard to run on sand!



Wedding Speeches - Photographer Blog, Millard Photography, BournemouthSpeeches! For everyone who was there – Wow! And the Video – double Wow!! Sam, a Welsh Man, had a lot of guests travel to Bournemouth, and one family member was Rod Woodward (www.rodwoodward.co.uk), a comic who had me in absolute stitches – now I was meant to be looking around looking for photo opportunities, but I was totally engaged in his pre-speech introduction! A little too good and definitely a hard act to follow! If you see Rod’s name on a bill board – go see him!
Alison popped round the other day to collect the CD of photographs …. I hope you both liked them!! I had a great day photographing you guys, and I wish you all the best for your future together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment